Music Banter - View Single Post - Why So Quiet MB?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #172 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
I've seen it too. But never to the extent it occurs here. Every forum has one or two grandfathered in *******s who get to stay around because they're longstanders and have history. And those people get to be *******s to new members and everyone says "Oh thats just the way he is ignore him"

But this forum has groups of members who will honest-to-god grandstand about how invincible they are and how much they influence who gets to stay and who has to go. Members who make it their business to try and actively control who gets to stay via pretty much group bullying. And the worst part is, everyone here probably thinks of the same people when I say that. Everyone here would probably think of the same people, even if it were say, Janzsoon or Right-Track or Mojo saying it. Those people.
True. But there's also always a cult of personality around at least one person on a site who's charismatic and abusive. Just one more part of the fabric of internet life. It's BS, but forums still function regardless.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote