Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Non-Musical Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:21 AM   #529 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Pokémon games suck.

I'm a huge fan of anything where you can "make your avatar better" i.e., leveling up, and Pokemon has by far the WORST leveling-up system I've ever seen. EVs are complete ****. What a worthless game mechanic. It's a hidden stat that has an unbelievably significant role on the progression of pokemon, and the ****ing stat is hidden. What a gyp. I don't even understand what they were thinking of when they made EVs.
There's tons of other reasons why I also don't like Pokemon (i.e., you can't avoid pokemon in the grass, which is annoying as hell. I mean seriously???) but I'll just stop there as it was EVs that really ruined the experience for me.
You are no longer welcome on this site. Please turn in your avatar and signature before leaving or you will be subject to prosecution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
uh you can buy repels to avoid them.

i don't give a rat's ass about EVs. They are only around for min/maxing OCD types that enter tournaments and crap like that.
Same here. I spend far too much time searching for my core team Pokemon in the same area for hours on end in order to find one with base stats matching my requirements to bother with even more headaches. It's a bull**** stat, but I can only care so much about so many things.

And as much as grinding is a pain in the ass, it's nice to have a game with such pure, old school RPG elements. And the sheer amount of Pokemon to grind with keeps it fresh as far as I'm concerned.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote