Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #191 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
I think it's quite the opposite, tbh. It's under reported, or at least glossed over in many cases.

The shooting of Mike Brown was far from an isolated incident, do you know how many similar shootings have occurred this summer alone?
Again, 300 million people. Whether it's actually under reported doesn't necessarily mean that it's a runaway crisis that shows that our police forces are seriously in need of reform.

Quote:
Edit: I'm also not sure I'm following your line of thinking in regard to police brutality in America vs other countries. What do the comparative rates have to do with anything if people are being senselessly abused and/or murdered? Surely it doesn't make it any less terrifying just because it happens elsewhere.
Well there's a certain allowable percentage of bug parts in food or defects in manufactured products, not because bugs in our food is okay, but because there's just gonna be bugs in our food no matter what we do. The thing is to make sure it's at a manageable level. Police are going to abuse their authority no matter how much we crack down, but if it's not at whatever level we might deem "out of control" then it should be treated in perspective rather than as a crisis. It's kind of a hard thing to quantify, so comparing rates of police brutality in this country with that of others makes sense to me.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote