Music Banter - View Single Post - A reason why people remain religious
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellCell View Post
To comment on your wording. It's very fluffy. So I'm going to resummarize again for reference. Religious people have a false sense of entitlement (To a deity and afterlife) but believe firmly so from arrogance.
This is just a generalization that doesn't even sound like it applies to a small percentage of people.
This is a garbage statement. I am not point fingers at you Hellcell btw.

Some people noo matter what they believe are just arrogant pricks.

I don't think it applies to a large percent of people who are religious. They believe what they believe because it works for them. Why else would you do something if it didn't work for you. And what does it really matter what someone else believes, what I want to understand Matt is why the hell you are up in other folks kool -aid and don't know their particular flavor? You generalize and make broad statements and have no facts to back them up, and yet you come across just as arrogant if not more so then the people who knock on my door and bother me on a Tuesday afternoon because they feel like what they are doing is right. This is America, bro (at least I think you are in the USA, anyway I am American and I comment on the things that happen here.) You can believe what you want to, and it's beautiful thing. And nobody has the right to trash another person over what it is they believe in their heart of hearts. And if their religion is what gets them through the day and helps the to actually be a better person, by being kind to others etc then more power too them. You sound like someone that has a massive chip on their shoulder toward people who have something in their lives, no matter how inane , nonsensical, or improbable it is. If you were truly confidant about your choices in your life you wouldn't need to make thread after thread on this in hopes people will respond to your long winded craziness. You would use the religion thread. But to quote myself, "IMO I DON'T KNOW JACK **** SO DON'T LISTEN TO ME"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.