Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you democrat, republican, independent, or other, and why?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #159 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishlessExistence View Post
True, however many people here view voting for either party as voting for a lesser of two evils. In my case personally, Republicans spout some batshit crazy stuff, while Democrats are far more moderate and generally invest in social programs (an important issue for me). Therefore it's hard not to vote Democrat because I don't want a Republican victory.

It's a frustrating dilemma.
The way I see it, keeping either party in power is slow death. So long as people are willing to vote for "the lesser of two evils", then both parties will continue to do what they're already doing, which is leading this country closer and closer to terminal political paralysis and stagnation. It sounds good in the short term to vote for one to keep the other out of power, but in the long term it's pointless.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote