Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #564 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Reminds me of this lol. He's talking about a different topic, but whatever. Same concept of the media just laying on someone whenever something happens.

I was thinking more Carlin when he was talking about how when you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show and when you're born into America, you're given a front-row seat. I think we're seeing the freak show in action right now. Look on the Vikings social media pages. Some of the most vile rants you'll find are from people who claim to be against this "primitive behavior".

Public opinion is huge in America, because in a free-market society there's nothing more important than reputation. Our entire system is based off of credit. AP is no longer a reputable citizen in the eyes of average Americans, and that's why he's going to be cut if he's found guilty. It'll be a business decision, and look no further than sabermetrics to see that people have accepted the business aspect of sports. It's no longer about the sport, it's about making money.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote