Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #566 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Eh. I'm trying to stay impartial. He did hit a 4 year old kid with a switch. If the kid was 8 it's a different story, four is pretty young.

Child abuse, at least by my estimation, implies a notion of a sort of sadistic intent or mental derangement by the perpetrator. This comes off more as absent mindedness. I'm not saying just because he's imitating his father it isn't child abuse, but as it being the primary motive it seems more defensible than it on its own.

Should it be punished? Certainly. It's going to be a slippery slope if your going to go this route. A lot of hall of famers may not have become so. I believe that the NFL has the aptitude to punish accordingly on a case by case basis without steeping over and targeting everything. However putting AP in perspective with all the other abusers--who've done worse, no less--in that view, it doesn't seem fair.

Something tells me companies are only going out for a while like they tend to do. Kobe, Tiger, Ray all had their issues but eventually got their sponsors back. A.P might have to sit it out, and come back with another team.
Like I said, I don't support hitting your kid at all. I think there are much better ways to punish someone than pretty much teaching them that violence is the answer to whatever problem you might have.

That's not really even that bad of a beating, or anything out of the ordinary for physical discipline, though. It's more effective than not doing anything and letting your kid know that there are no major consequences for their actions, and some people just don't know how to discipline any other way. The truth is, if you're an ******* in real life you can have a lot worse happen to you than a swollen backside.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote