Music Banter - View Single Post - What is music, what is not?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #88 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ninetales, I must say your post (the part quoted) pissed me off. Who are you to say my opinion is shitty? In fact, you just made a circular logical argument . You see my opinion as shitty,in your opinion. Well I can say I see yours as shitty. So we're back around in a circle.

Please don't diss me like this just because my view differs from yours. Who are you to say whose interpretation is correct? And I was and am not "hiding behind" it's my opinion. That's how I feel. I can't say what music definitively is, other than give a wiki definition which I may not agree with. The main thrust of the question, I believe, as I mentioned, is more what do you believe music is? I've given my opinion of what I think it is, please respect it and do not be an arrogant arsehole. It does not become you and I'm surprised because this is not who I have seen you as.

But you have wounded me, sir.
I was not dissing you. I said your opinion was a bad one and then said why I believe so. If I said turtlenecks aren't pieces of clothing, because well I don't wear turtlenecks, would you respect my opinion? You shouldn't. We can disagree on how much we like turtlenecks all we want, but they are clothes, regardless of what I say/think they are. The definition of music may have room for interpretation, but how do you not see that you saying "grindcore isn't music" is insulting to fans of it? Saying "it's my opinion" does not mean we cant criticize it.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote