Music Banter - View Single Post - ebola
Thread: ebola
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
Ebola is only contagious if the person infected is showing the symptoms (in contagious state). If they are infected but not in the "contagious state" they can not transmit it. Also, it is only transmitted through bodily fluids, open wounds etc. It is not an air bourne disease. The nurse is actually being sent to a hospital in Maryland. I live in Maryland so it will probably be very chaotic around here when she comes some time tonight.

It is important for people to become educated on it instead of relying on the sensational media that seems to only want to scare people. It is a deadly disease if it goes without treatment (but there is treatment for it in America) and there are ways that people can prevent transmission and the media is sensationalizing the way it can be transmitted.

I think that this new epidemic is heartbreaking and I think more people should care. A lot of times people never think things will happen to them or their loved ones but when something devastating does happen all of a sudden it matters to them. It shouldn't have to take that for people to care. I think that is what is wrong with this world now. We need to start caring and loving one another. I think we should try to help the people in Africa if we can. We have the medicine so why not help them since this is beginning to be a problem in America anyway?
This is the best post in this thread and one of your personal finest.