Music Banter - View Single Post - ebola
Thread: ebola
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #56 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Personally, the attitude of "I don't care about this and don't feel threatened by it because it hasn't reached where I live yet, so I am going to treat it like no big deal and joke about it..."

...that sort of attitude, about pretty much anything, has always really rubbed me the wrong way. It doesn't affect me, so I don't care...hm, sort of a ****ty thing to think about or say of those that are affected by it. I'm serious. I have heard coworkers joke about how people are bleeding out all over the world, and laughing about it because here in the USA, we're safer and less likely to be affected by it because we're more sanitary. That's as a horrible thing to think, or say of those suffering from Ebola.

To me, this is tragic. Third world countries suffer through so much ****, and it isn't entirely the fault of those that live there either. For those that are much more fortunate, that have a roof over their head, plentiful food, jobs, loving friends and family...we take it all for granted and commonly look down on people like those in third world countries, and some of us even think we're justified to treat those in third world countries like garbage. It's pathetic.

You think the US government gives a **** people are dying over there from Ebola? Hell no, they don't. All they've ever cared about is looking good to the rest of the world. The relief that is sent to help, is out of pity, there's no good well or good intentions there...just a means to flaunt how caring they are, when in fact, they couldn't care less.

Cancer for instance. That makes billions, maybe trillions a year. You really think they've been looking or researching a cure and plan to distribute it? If they gave the public a cure, they're kissing billions goodbye. And the US government loves money, so like hell they'll make it available to any of us. And if they did. Only the rich could afford it.

These topics piss me off because I'm emotional about it, and how people treat it like it's a joke, and they think they're justified in the light heart approach to it, jokes and whatnot.

Well, carry on, everyone.
I get bombarded by terrible **** on TV every day. Shootings, drug wars, kidnappings, actual wars, serial killers, terrorism, corrupt politicians, genital mutilation, genocide, child soldiers, sex slavery, race riots, religious fundamentalism, and god knows what else. Often time it's sensationalized entertainment, like when a black boy is kidnapped, molested, and dumped somewhere and you never hear about it, while the whole world stops to stare at the TV and eat popcorn when a cute little white girl is taken. After twenty-eight years of tragitainment, I've become desensitized to many of the things happening to the other seven billion people whom I've never met, will never meet, and probably will never be on the same continent as. The world wants me to see all the horrible **** in existence? Well congratulations, I've seen it, and so it really shouldn't come as a shock if my reservoir of empathy is running a bit dry at the moment. Obviously this is terrible, but it's just one more instance in a never-ending series of tragedies assaulting my senses and I have a hard time differentiating between them all at this point.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote