Music Banter - View Single Post - Calling all nerds! Star Trek moderator required!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #50 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What was one room? Anyway, it has to be compared to the other series as they're all Star Trek. You might as well say Stargate: Atlantis shouldn't be compared to Stargate: SG1. Of course they'll be compared.

But I still don't get you. You're saying Voyager was "one room"? That's certainly not accurate: they often went on away missions, had the odd flashback and engaged in space battles. It's not like everyone was on the bridge and that was the show. Anyway, a good series can overcome such limitations. One episode of Babylon 5 featured just two men in an interrogation chamber and was one of the most powerful pieces of drama I've ever seen. The restriction on location should not give it a pass --- they had the whole Delta Quadrant to explore...
No, he's saying DS9 is one room. Which, apart from being BS, is missing the point. That "one room" was a melting pot for all of the known galaxy. I learned more about the Star Trek universe in one season of that show than I probably did watching every other ST show combined.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote