Music Banter - View Single Post - Time & Place
Thread: Time & Place
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Hey lemme see if I can beat Unknown Soldier to a worthy response:

Well, um, for reference I'm 2-3 years older than you. And I grew up in the USA but whatever

For brevity: I think Judas Priest is pretty much **** compared to Iron Maiden but that's because of my background I think.

For verbosity: I have the Screaming for Metal album on my phone and I do listen to it sometimes when I need to do mindless tasks and feel like listening to that type of thing. It's alright but I think Judas Priest is far more silly than Iron Maiden. I can't say why other than to tell you that Iron Maiden helped me understand metal while Judas Priest is just a footnote in my personal history.

Diamond Head: This is tough for me because, despite how ridiculous the band is, I love the Metallica EP on which they covered that Diamond Head song, HELPLESS, far more than I will ever love Judas Priest or Iron Maiden.

In summary I really don't care about Diamond Head and I don't even really like NWOBHM but DH made Those Songs That Metallica Covered and their original music sounds good to me in an old-timey-rock-n-roll way. Iron Maiden is a band that I will always sometimes love, and Judas Priest are alright I guess. They are definitely third on the list.