Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is modern Hip-Hop music, aswell as mainstream pop so hated by people?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
BreJupiterStudios
Groupie

This happens in any genre of music it seems. Especially since hip-hop is relatively new compared to rock, country, etc. Some people just don't "get it." Which is fine. I have a different appreciation for hip-hop since I work at a studio where 90% of our clients are hip-hop artists. I see the work that goes into it. Many hip-hop artists are very professional and serious about their music. Sure, I wish everyone could see that, but some people are stubborn and like to hate on things that are different from what they like. Haters are lame, but who cares. They like what they like, and I like what I like. That's all there is to it. I will keep supporting hip-hop and the hip-hop/rap community regardless of what people say, because I believe in it and I believe in self-expression. Criticism is one thing, but I only take criticism from working professionals or people with experience in what they are criticizing. Unfortunately, some people just like to be haters, even if they don't quite understand what they are hating on. Everyone does it in some way or another.
BreJupiterStudios is offline   Reply With Quote