Music Banter - View Single Post - Blink-182...Angels & Airwaves
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Default Blink-182...Angels & Airwaves

There were almost 800 hits for Blink 182 when I did a search, and I'm not going to go through all 800 just to see if this same thread exists, so...

What would everyone's pitch on this be that listens to both bands? Personally, I have never really been a Blink-182 fan at all, but I do really enjoy some of their music. Tom decided to start a new project in 2005, which would become Angels & Airwaves. I was interested because I was always a fan of Tom as a singer, usually though, voices like his aren't something I care for. I went ahead and decided to check them out, and I found myself really digging the sort of floaty, atmospheric, pop, indie rock sound they had. I personally think they're a better band than Blink-182 and I also feel that it let Tom and his talent as a songwriter shine, I always knew he was better than what he wrote in Blink-182.

I've never consider Blink-182 a true punk band, or punk at all. I always thought they were closer to a sort of punk influenced pop rock. So I don't know if starting the thread here is accurate.

What are everyone's thoughts on what band is better?
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote