Music Banter - View Single Post - Battle Of Classic Rock
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
iRock
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
1.) There is too much screaming. I don't enjoy it when I cannot understand the words.
2.) Way too much swearing. Now, I don't have anything against swearing in general, as most people know I swear a lot. However, sometimes I just don't want to hear it in my music. How is it so many great groups from the past could refrain from swearing much at all, but now its just like f* this f*that instead of singing about why you feel that way.
3.) Songs are no longer about anything. Old bands actually had songs that commented on things such as the government, or the horrors of war, and other common societal themes.
4.) Bands do not have distinct sounds any more. Most sound similar, and just scream at a microphone.
hmm... well in number three you are completely and utterly wrong. Green Day, one of the most mainstream bands out there today, are commenting on society and their veiws on the war and ****. System Of A Down is fairly mainstream as rock, and their CD is all about the protest. I didnt say I liked them, just so you know, but you cant deny that being true. Radiohead just released a song protesting war. Nine Inch Nails new album had a war protest song in it. OWNED.

And there are plenty of different sounds out there, you just arent looking hard enough. No offense, but Im tired of you type of people bitching about music when there is plenty of quality stuff out there. And dont even try and disprove me, because there is literally something for everyone in music. There will always be.

And the lyric thing... that has always been a major draw in music. Some of my favorite bands (yes, even old ones) i listen to mainly because of the appeal of the lyrics. The Clash are an excellent example of this.

There will always be quality bands, and there will always be **** bands. Even back in the day, END OF STORY