Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #29405 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
I fantasized about killing myself Friday night. My lady friend, whom I had a five year relationship with, basically told me that she doesn't want to be around me anymore until I fix my emotional problems.
That is one of the most hurtful, dismissive things a person could say to someone suffering from mental illness. Any mental illness is like an unforgiving, slow-burning cancer of the mind. People with a healthy mental status don't understand this... but they wouldn't tell someone suffering from a physical cancer that they didn't want to deal with them until they didn't have cancer anymore.

It hurts more than anything when someone you really trust and rely on to get you through the pain suddenly decides you're not "sick" enough for them to care about. You're hurting so much, you need their support, but they're too caught up in how "negative" you are, or how your illness makes them feel. They act as if you chose to be ill, as if you enjoy trudging through every fucking day with your brain throwing a ton of bullshit at you every second.

It fucking blows feeling like the people you're close to don't love you enough to care for you in your hours of need. It sucks when all your mind wants to do is cry all night - it's even worse when there's people around you that are a little more stable than you are, rolling their eyes or sniping at you for the noise you're making. Mental illness is a real illness that has devastating, debilitating effects.

Does winter seem to be a more difficult time for you? Personally, winter devours me...