Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #1885 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
Well that's OK then.

Tommy Robinson calls BBC Asian Network and responds to critics. 01/10/2014 - YouTube

17 mins in. Muslims phoning in and admitting the Qur'an needs to be reworded. Do you know more about Islam than they do?

22 mins for the second lad.

"Certain verses in the Qur'an, you cannot justify them"
When did I say that I knew more about Islam than devout Muslims? And by that logic Muslims can't be wrong or misguided about the Quran? I agree that some verses are unjustified and could use rewording as well as there being issues with Islamic culture as we see it today run by extremists. But I think people forget that Islam is largely about love, sacrifice, and brotherhood by focusing on outsated verses such as that one. I'm not trying to be an apologist because there are certain verses that could lead followers to bad actions but I think it's a widely misunderstood religion because of those verses and people missing the bigger picture.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote