Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #9862 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I get you, for the longest time i thought this way too it's only recently ive been getting into metal.
ive always liked Nu metal but im also into power metal nowadays even though ive spent most of my 20's making fun of metal.

The problem is you haven't heard the melody in it yet.
a melody that appeals to you.
You once you hear that and start to explore that interest and familiarize yourself with the music Metal is as good and profound as any other genre.

Im still gradually getting into it and even though it's not my fav genre im starting to hear the melody in it..
yea i figured that's it. it's just a rough genre to get into if you grew up never hearing anything like that i guess. i mean tbh when i first listened to jazz it was the most boring **** i ever heard. but i pushed myself to listen to it some more cause i was a teenager trying to prove how elitist i could be and then after a while i stopped giving a **** about the image but somehow coltrane can entertain me for hours now. still can't listen to some of the free jazz bull**** i used to pretend to enjoy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Listen to side one of Operation: Mindcrime really loud and then get back to me.
i got some spare time in the next few days so i'll try to check it out. i won't lie i'm sorta open minded but also i have ADD like a mother****er so i can get turned off quick and give up and move on to something else. we'll see if i still have it in me to broaden my horizons.

Last edited by John Wilkes Booth; 11-23-2014 at 10:28 PM.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote