Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #1983 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Just gonna butt in here- have you ever been stalked by someone? Had a weapon pointed at you? Not saying Martin was aware of Zimmerman's being armed but he could have been, or would've been right/streetwise to assume he was. Either way- being stalked like that is a terrifying feeling. Once you call them there's not a whole lot the cops are gonna be able to do if the person/people after you actually do have violent intentions. Think about it. Who's gonna get to you first (if the cops even show up)?
to answer your question, yes. i am white and lived in ****ty neighborhoods almost my entire life. and you can say it's racist or whatever but i have black friends who admit to my face that if they didn't know me and they saw me walking down the street they might jump me just on the assumption that cause i'm white i might have money or an iphone or something like that. and where i grew up was mostly in south florida so really i know exactly how these kinds of situations unfold. the best thing to do usually is to mind your own until someone makes it impossible for you do to so, at which point you probably want to call the police if you can but either way at that point you have a right to defend yourself. but someone stalking you just isn't enough to give you that right legally. they have to basically start a physical altercation with you or at the very least verbally communicate a threat of violence to you.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote