Music Banter - View Single Post - Ratt nominated for a grammy
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #101 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Now you're insinuating I'm a troll and correcting my grammar Oriphiel.
Jesus God man, is there no end to your ranting and raving?

We seemed to be on the same page when you mentioned Bad Company and Aerosmith. And then you went off into the subject of southern rock for some reason.

Bad Company was the more blues rock orientated band out of the two. They were more mainstream during the early to late 70s also.

As Unknown Soldier and the Batlord like to put it, Bad Company was the Nickelback of the 70s.

Other than their earlier work, I will admit Aerosmith was more on the hard rock edge. And the better band of the two in my opinion. Steven Tyler's vocals and stage appearance/ presence alone is iconic.

At the same time I don't hold Aerosmith on the same level as one of the all time greats of blues rock like the Rolling Stones.

Were talking about a small window of time here. Around a 7 year period only. A lot of the good bands had either sold out or disappeared by 78 and 79.
Now you're getting angry. Not fun being called a troll, is it? Anyway, who cares about that, let's move on. Please re-read the last sentence of your post. You claim that the late seventies were void of talent, but that was one of the great points of music. Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, Post Punk, Glam Rock, Hair Metal, all existing at once. It was a beautiful time to be alive. You had bands like The Ramones, Blondie, The Modettes, The Sex Pistols, Bad Company, all existing at once. Honestly, you could pick any one band from that time period out of a hat, and you'd find them to be more important to modern music than Aerosmith.

Oh yeah, and you also never followed up your claim that I "talked to myself in the general music forum", and had alternate accounts. I might be a jerk, but it seems that you are a liar. And I know which of those I would prefer to be.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote