Music Banter - View Single Post - Ratt nominated for a grammy
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #105 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Well there doesn’t seem to be much point continuing with you here, as you’re constantly looking for every angle you can to skirt around the main point concerning Aerosmith's influence. Which to be fair is common knowledge to anybody into the type of music we're discussing here, whether you like the band or not.

Now normally three things happen on threads like this when they reach this point.

1) You’ll turn nasty and insulting to get your point across and get banned.
2) You’ll slink away with your tail between your legs to fight another day.
3) You'll continue to bleat on and eventually the mods will do everybody a favour and lock the thread up (which is usually the best option)

I’ve yet to see anybody in your position go for the fourth option and that is to admit that they’ve got things wrong, hold their hands up and at least try and investigate the opinions that the others are suggesting to them, instead of just saying that everybody else has constantly got it wrong.

You’ve joined a music forum which like a lot specialized forums, usually attracts people with a fairly expansive knowledge of the forum subject base. So to constantly challenge their opinions with your own narrow minded opinions, usually means you have a limited knowledge on the subject or that you’re just trolling around here.

I'll be interested to see which direction you'll take now.
Ah, taking the "White Knight" approach. Hard to counter without looking like a jerk, which is what makes the technique so effective. But if you're willing to be a gentleman, so am I. Consider the thread officially back on topic. Friends?
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote