Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #10067 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Humbleness is overrated in artists. Do I particularly care that someone I don't may or may not be an *******? Not really. I've seen some blatant homophobic comments from one of Slayer's guitarists, and while I may not think much of him, I don't really care as far as his music goes. Besides, someone who can get on a stage in front of hundreds, or even thousands of people, and command a crowd with sound waves, may just be entitled to a little bit of hubris. A little bit of arrogance might even help.
Well, Tom pretty much said that there is no band that could not look bad opening for Slayer...it's a really stupid statement to make. He's saying his band has a better live show than Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Anthrax, any of the other really big Metal bands from the mid 70's, through the 80's, or generally, Tom is saying that there is absolutely no band that can top Slayers live show. If that isn't an I'm so f*cking full of myself kind of statement, I don't know what is. All I can say is it only gives me more reason to think Tom is a pretentious bag of sh*t, lol. I don't care about the irrefutable fact of Slayer being able to completely command their audience, that's respectable, yes. But I don't care how big a band is, statements like what Tom made doesn't look good at all, not to me.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote