Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #62 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Minim View Post
The beats (I'm not talking about the rhythmic drum beats) has harmony in it. I am also into Gospel Music and I regularly go to fat chords.com to learn some PHAT chords.

I did not mention hip-hop or R&B if you notice. I am talking about the rapping. I read a lot of write-ups and I have it written down in my Evernote. I don't consider rap to be poetry (even if they talk about politics) and I don't think their lyrics will get published in any form in the future. I read better write-ups than in rap. However, there was one rapper where I was impressed by his rhymes, his name is Akil Dasan. I was just impressed by him because he was playing funk and jazz on his guitar and he was beat boxing and rapping at the same time. He also breakdances. That was the only time I got impressed by hip-hop and then this 50cent and all throngs of rappers showed up. Talking about pimps and money. I got turned off by rap. How can you consider that art?

I think the song by Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower, I feel that it has some lyrics that talk about the political situation now and it was made many years ago.
I'm not talking about 50Cent or any of that ****, not to day what they do isn't art it'd just art I don't find appealing. Well it's obvious you're way to far gone, but to disregard rapping as music is and I know they there is no bad opinion well you broke that rule it seems.

Also I forgot to mention this but how in the hell do you consider nu-metal music that you enjoy that's based around hip-hop and rap mixed with hard rock and metal.