Music Banter - View Single Post - can someone explain to me again why grime isn't rap?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
Grime is a form of electronic dance music.

Rapping is something you do. Most Grime MC's vocal a range of music but that doesn't mean Grime isn't it's own genre. Plus actual Hip-Hop has always been on the mix CD's.

All of the MC's are shit anyway and don't define the genre.

Well, they did...

Grime can mean two things.

Umbrella term for British made Hip-Hop which would include people like Giggs, or, the actual genre which would not.

The majority of people would go with the first one. You can't tell me records like Wiley's Ice Rink are 'rap' or not something completely new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFptXHkYb1M

It's dance music.
i'd have to listen to that specific one to comment but i have heard for example dizzee rascal's first album and people say its grime. basically to me it sounds like rap music from another region.

and once again rap is a common term for hip hop music i dunno why people get so caught up with that. rap is called rap because it was the first genre to focus on an MC rapping to a beat like that. grime basically seems like a variation of that kind of music. and rap music started as dance music too.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote