Music Banter - View Single Post - Should there be a prog forum on musicbanter? (Read First!)
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:45 AM   #181 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
honestly the only song i can think of by kate bush is Rocket's Tail and ya, that is kinda a rock/blues style tune, and i cant think of anything off the top of my head from Mike Oldfield, but if he doesnt fit into any of the forums we already have, then theres alway "General Music"
Songs from Kate Bushs best period would be her early 70s material, as well as her work with David Gilmour.

Mike Oldfields most well known album would be Tubular Bells.

And you are probably right, but you never really answered my question about punk rock. It has its own forum, not a sub-forum in the rock forum but a forum of its own, thats not even what im asking for, all im asking for is a sub-forum, and i would certainly settle with having a forum for both prog and classic rock even though im not too fond of that idea, if it equals a prog forum, i am all for it.

Come to think of it, a Prog & Classic Rock forum would probably attract more posters than just a prog forum...And i also think that if one started a topic about the beatles, they would get less responses like this.

"DA Beetlezzz SUx, listen to Children of Bodom D00dz! L0lZzZ"

Since the rock forum is mostly threads about modern bands and there are several posters who seem convinced that everything before 1981 is crap, even though we are all aware that classic rock fans are alive and well on this forum...Like kashmir said, segretating classic rock fans who dont like modern music from fans of more contemporary music with little or no taste for classic rock would easin all the major tension between the two.

Yeah, i agree with Kashmir on something, i hope that dosent hurt my credibility.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.