Music Banter - View Single Post - Why your favorite rapper sucks
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Is Drake really your favorite rapper? Why?
I just think he's the most charismatic rapper in it right now. Amazing production. Personal, honest lyrics on one hand. Banging party tunes on the other. Take Care and Nothing Was The Same are up there with the albums I've listened to the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
what about my favorite rapper's ,favorite rapper.
Could be Kanye or Lil Wayne. But there are a number of suspects. I always get the sense Drake loves his friends more than they love him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You mean Kanye?
If it is Kanye she's referring to then yeah I'm a big fan. New Kanye and New Drake are probably up there in my most anticipated albums, just behind The Wrens. Who are one of my favourite bands. But I think Kanye's ego gets in the way so much that it taints him more than Drake. I think in overly lyrical hip-hop, honesty and charisma are two of the most important factors. Kanye's a genius but he doesn't connect as much. Drake is just on absolute top form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Die Antwoord is hilarious, and I have to think that to some extent, he and his band mate must not take their self all too seriously either. Their music is comical. We're not saying Die Antwoord is this amazing group, because they're not. But they're also not bad either, they're fairly decent to good.

And I as well, will ask why Drake is your favorite, James? Because he's another that I feel is horribly overrated.

And don't get me started on Kanye. Dude may have some good music, but he's not that great.
I honestly think Die Antwoord are just characters. It's masterful.
As for Drake being my favourite rapper I hope I have clarified. I think Hold On We're Going Home was by far the best single last year.
James is offline   Reply With Quote