Music Banter - View Single Post - Win The Batlord Over to Prog
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I might as well get god damn Genesis out of the way...

Oh god, that's heavy for prog? I'm ****ed. I guess it is kinda heavy though. It also manages to be whimsical rather than just absurd. I imagine there's gonna be a fine line between like and loathe with Genesis' singing, but whoever that dude is manages to sound charming, and has a fair amount of energy.

I think they might not being going for whimsical though. Sounds like Genesis is going for epic, in the LOTR sense of the word. It is a pretty epic song, but that Hammond organ makes it goofy as well. See Deep Purple for the proper use of a Hammond organ in a rock song.

I could listen to more Genesis.

I want to punch Marillion's singer in the face for being such a pompous douchebag. He makes Arcturus sound unpretentious. Other than that, I was merely bored by most of it, though there were a few good guitar and keyboard parts. Trollheart is a vag.

My recs are heavier. And I'm glad you share my hatred for Marrilion, there's hope for you yet.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote