Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pink Floyd Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #164 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman188
Have a Cigar is one of my favorite songs by Floyd that hardly ever gets air time. I think i've heard it...maybe once in the past four months. I love the opening bass to that song. every time i hear it...i dunno something happens it's just awesome. Also Us and Them. i love the lyrics in that song. it gets more air time than cigar, but it's still overshadowed by other songs on Dark Side like Time, Money, Brain Damage. oh, and One of My Turns on the Wall. i like that song. don't really know why. probly the lyrics, they're interesting lyrics.
yeah have a cigar is great, and plus its got roy harper us and them is beautiful, i love richard wright on the piano, also great gig too. But i think were supposed to discuss their lesser known/less popular stuff. One of my All time favorit floyd tracks is green is the color off of more. I love gilmours high pitched vocals, he must have had his balls in a vice for that one. I love gilmour. Also on the turning away is growing on me lately, the solo is spectacular I'm begginning to prefer it over the solo in comf. numb.
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote