Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #229 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
...... but you do realize that these French muslims are ordered by the big boys in the Middle East, they don't sneeze unless ordered to.
no i don't realize this, i see homegrown terrorists come up with plots all the time. but even if that's true i don't see how it addresses my point. they are taking the fight to your doorstep. it's not staying overseas like you say.
Quote:
You're not being bossed by bearded primitives, you think you are because the media tells you so and feeds on your nationalist fear, they need it and you supply it.
i'm not being bossed because i'm not trying to appease them, but lets say as a society we do decide to censor ourselves as a result of this kind of thing. that is us being bossed. how else can you put it? take south park for example... they wanted to have that muhammad episode. viacom shut it down because they were afraid of islamic terror. the creators of south park were bossed into not having their show be the way they want it by overseas thugs willing to kill over words.

Quote:
I doubt in your lifetime that the bearded ones will be telling you what to do in your own country, you live in the US right? You've probably got more chance of being shot in your local mall by a bearded gun nut than you have by an Islamic terrorist.
that's not really the point. if we back down as a society then we are being bossed around, point blank. i consider maintaining freedom of speech a sort of collective interest. i don't need to be specifically targeted by terrorists to make it seem relevant to me. i want to live in a society where freedom of expression is protected and stood up for.

Quote:
Cowardice or bravery is irrelevant to them, as are compassion and compromise towards their enemies. They're terrorists with their own agenda and only the correct key will possibly put a stop to their actions and drawing cartoons is certainly not the right key here.
i disagree. i think it's terribly important to them. they boast about it more than anything else. i would love to hear more about the right key though. what does it involve specifically... self censorship perhaps?

Quote:
What gives you the right to suggest that a citizen from another country should be deported from that country, especially when that citizen loves his country?
lol @ "what gives you the right...."

i really hope the irony isn't lost on you here

Quote:
You sound like an extremist full of bollocks, but then again most extremists can't see much beyond their own tunnel vision of hate anyway.
i don't think that saying we shouldn't back down from these thugs is all that extreme tbh. if you are going on about the deportation thing i already explained that was a hyperbolic rhetorical point but whatever

Quote:
..... and all of what you written here is nonsensical to me as well.
lol, alright.

Last edited by John Wilkes Booth; 01-12-2015 at 07:42 AM.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote