Music Banter - View Single Post - The Discovery Chamber: Where Do You Find New Music?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Cliffs: Pandora, YouTube, cellphone apps, researching artist info.

I began using Pandora awhile back. What I began to notice is that when I went to find the YouTube video of a song I heard on Pandora, there were all kinds of music channels, and they were all different. So, the song will come across on Pandora, then I look it up on YouTube, and if it's on a channel I've never heard of, I subscribe to it on YouTube. I call this "spidering" of my interests, where Pandora is the origination point and I add YouTube channel subscriptions from there. I test out different subscriptions and add/delete them as necessary.

I've tried Spotify, but that was a bit cluttered for me. It might just be that I'm not that familair with it.

Other ways I find things: Doing background research on the artists I already know about; you come across artists/songs mentioned in an article and check them out. I have found great suggestions in YouTube comments as well.

Tune-In apps were something I did for awhile. I really try to change things up and switch different stations to get more random selections. Keeps things fresh.
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote