Music Banter - View Single Post - The Dears/Interpol
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
1. I've never said Interpol sounded like Joy Division ripoffs. In fact, in another thread I said, "And Interpol are a good band, and really don't sound all that much like Joy Division (as anyone who's heard more than "Love Will Tear Us Apart" will tell you)." The whole Interpol = Joy Division thing was just the byproduct of lazy journalists.

2. If you've read anything I've said about the NME, you'd know that I think that the NME occasionally hypes good bands, but that for the most part they hype boring, derivative, flash-in-the-pan shit. Interpol are band that are universally liked, no one but the British Press likes 90% of the bands they hype.
well, i could have used your help a few months ago in the interpol thread, personally, aside from the dark tone of the music, i never found interpol to be all that similar to joy division, but stu disagrees with me on that one...and yes, i have to agree that i'm getting a bit annoyed by the nme, especially after seeing that "the esential bands of 2005" cd.....i mean honestly, they do try a bit too hard to force their opinion on what's hot and what's not....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote