Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #521 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Your new Guild M-120 acoustic and Squier Classic Vibe Tele look BEAUTIFUL, ribbons!

And I love seeing your home, too! It looks so cosy with eclectic decorations in warm earth tones and dashes of blue. I like that cute little bird, the rugs, the artwork, and your gigantic house plant! There is so much to look at and wonder about. (I have a couple large house plants that have survived many years, too, and are like old friends now.)

Your guitars with their natural wood finishes fit right in and look right at home. Your Guild M-120 acoustic guitar has a gorgeous lustre.
I'm really very happy to see the lovely, inviting environment you have created for yourself. I can imagine the many happy hours that you will enjoy playing your guitars there!
Many thanks for your lovely comments on my guitars and apartment, Erica. I thought you might like the little bird on the table. There are actually two birds there – the other one is partially obscured by the guitar’s neck in the photo. I am also a fan of baskets both wicker and metal, as you may have noticed. I am Ms. Knickknacks! You have me beat in the large plants department – I only have that one plant (don't exactly have a green thumb). I’m sure all your large plants are well taken care of and thriving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Nice. I've read some good reviews on that M-120, also I'm gonna echo what VEG's said about your place too. Looks very cozy.
Thank you, Plankton – the Guild has greater sustain than I expected in a small guitar. I thought it would sound more compressed. My fingertips are killing me a little bit, though, having not played for many years. May have to swap the phosphor-bronze strings for Martin Marquis Silk & Steel strings I purchased (as recommended by an Amazon reviewer), although that might diminish some of the brightness of the sound.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote