Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #524 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
Really cool, I love street drum setups. I was thinking of making my own soon, and learn on my drum skills. Not really into using an actual drum set with a bass and hi hat, but getting a good technique going with my hands. Have you looked into these guys? I really, really want one.

Concert bass drums rule of course, I'd definitely want one. I'm still wanting to get a hihat because of how well it can be used in free jazz. One time my friends were playing at UCSD and the venue had a concert bass drum that was about four feet wide. They asked me if I wanted to play with them on one of their weirder songs because "you're good at weird ****, dude" and I told them I'd play the concert drum with one or both of the drummer's hihat pieces. I got both and it was awesome (really droney but intense stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Very cool homemade kit and concert bass drum. Both remind me of instruments Mo Tucker of The Velvet Underground would use.
That's one of the main reasons I kept the bodhran, because it had a similar bass drum vibe to the VU's stuff. Well, that and it was free .

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote