Music Banter - View Single Post - is it gay to blow a transgender person?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #106 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Neither do plants, or other living creatures that display time and again that they'd rather live than die, but we humans have to eat something to survive. As long as the methods are humane, and the animals are given decent lives (as well as the method of slaughtering being as painless as possible, which is why I rarely eat pork), then modern consumption of meat is pretty much just an extension of the hunting/meat eating that allowed humanity to survive more adequately to the point where we could develop the ground-work for society as we know it.

And yes, I know I could respond in the creepy animal thread, but it's a dead thread and I don't want to necro-bump it. And honestly, why not just talk about it here? A decent conversation would actually make this thread worth reading, instead of just being the big joke that everyone is treating it as.
well the thread was basically questioning the moral distinction between financially supporting factory farming through the consumption of meat (which is arguably a pretty cruel process) for the sake of pleasing your tastebuds (as you don't really need to eat meat to survive anymore if you live in a developed country and have even a modest income) and having sex with animals for the sake of satiating one's perverse sexual desires. basically, the argument is that i don't believe animals truly do have any real 'rights' to speak of. at least not in any consistent sense. so talking about needing their 'consent' is really quite silly when you think about it. we don't need their consent to murder them or exploit them in a variety of other ways, yet we need their consent to sexually exploit them? it's just a bit silly to me. but i honestly don't really care that much anymore. it was just a thought i had some months ago. i'm not about to march on washington for some pervert's right to **** sheep any time soon. i just get a kick out of questioning cultural taboos.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote