Music Banter - View Single Post - Wanna Stop Smoking? Here's How.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Default Wanna Stop Smoking? Here's How.

Smoked from 14 until I was 40. Tried stopping a number of times and nothing worked. This method finally worked. I haven't smoked in almost 15 years.

1. Fill up an ashtray with a bunch of butts and ash.
2. Get a glass jar with a lid and fill it halfway with water.
3. Toss out the butts, empty the ash into the jar, shake it up well, screw on the cover tight and let it sit for a couple of days.
4. Get yourself a bunch of these.

5. Choose the day and on that morning when you get the first urge to light up grab the jar, take off the lid, and take a nice big whiff of the contents. Then immediately grab a toothpick and use it like a cigarette. (they taste really good BTW).
6. Keep doing this throughout the day. Get an urge, take a whiff, and "smoke" a toothpick.

After about 3 days I was able to ditch the jar and only use the toothpicks. I was able to get rid of them after about a week. I kept the jar and picks handy though and occasionally would have to use them but only once in a while.

Trust me, if you can light a cigarette and inhale after smelling the inside of the jar you ain't human. And the toothpicks give your hands and mouth something to do. Plus your teeth get nice and clean!

Good luck!

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 01-22-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote