Music Banter - View Single Post - write the first thing that comes to mind about the person above you
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #2685 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It lives up to and surpasses modern standards in everything but the acting. We're you forced to watch this for a class or something? You have a Soulfloweresque irrational hatred for the film.
Yup. Class. And I don't much care for movies from that era in general. The dated acting and dialogue is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Although, TBH, listening to real Americans talk any time from around the beginning of last century to the sixties bugs me. There was just an accent and way of speaking that makes them sound like *******s.

For the longest time I thought Humphrey Bogart was just putting on the weirdest act ever in his movies, then I realized that just about everybody from that time period talked like Humphrey Bogart. It made me like America just a little less.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote