Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #28205 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
As a serious aside I'd like to address the hipster moniker which undeniably follows me wherever I go.

The term really lost all its meaning about ten years ago when there was a strong social move away from corporate-branded attire and instead toward independent self-expression. Abercrombie made headlines when it shed its trademarked logo-emblazoned clothing line in an attempt to move with the times. As with any social movement, there were easily-identifiable trends in the effort to look "unique," such as the incorporation of Victorian elements into contemporary fashion, and the influence of postmodern "ironic" style, but we're over a decade into the trend now and it's settled down into a more practical sensibility and it's no longer effective to point to a generation of turning-30-somethings and call them "hipsters." They've moved on, and society should as well.

To speak for myself, I've been a classy bastard all my life, and have always had an affinity for neo-Victorian antiques and for gentlemanly-style. Call me hip if it pleases you... I'll just be over here, keepin' it classy.

Thank you.
Society should move on from a lot of things.

Argue it however you want. I don't even have anything against "hipsters", but this board constantly makes fun of it and like it or not when you're out in public that's the label your gonna get attached to your appearance. It doesn't please me I was making an observation. Welcome to MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote