Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #392 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm usually not one to post about my personal life on here, but I've been in a really dark place these last few months. How do you work up the courage to go to the doctors and admit you have a problem?
I don't know if you already have, but try your parents first. Unfortunately, we're pretty much just like them in some ways, so even if stuff goes unsaid, I'm sure they have personal experience with your issues that would make talking to them about them even more helpful than a professional (at least for a start). My mom and I never really talked about mental stuff until about a year ago, and it kind of left an unspoken wedge between us, but now we're being more open with stuff like mental issues. Trading shared battle scars can be illuminating to all of you and bring you together in a way you might not expect.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote