Music Banter - View Single Post - Hell Date.
Thread: Hell Date.
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #42 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Protip - There's no such thing as the friend zone. They're just bad at communicating that they're not into you, and you're not good at picking up that they're not.

Key takehome point - Sometimes someone likes you and isn't into you despite thinking you're attractive and nice. I have a female friend. Alternative model, thin, attractive, could have had a thing a long time ago but didn't get to that point.

In retrospect I:

1 - Still think she's pretty
2 - Still think she's a great friend
3 - Recognise that I am totally, totally the wrong type of dude for her to be with romantically. Everything I offer to her life socially is in terms of stability and support that wouldn't happen if the expectations of a romantic relationship were added into the equation. If we'd gotten together, the first arguments would have been the last arguments.

And that's fine. Sometimes someone isn't being a dick if they're not after your crotch vegetables. And sometimes people are better together if the between-the-legs-mambo isn't on either person's mind.
Well you're also an adult. Friendzoning is thankfully reserved largely for middle and high school.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote