Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #384 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
You're reacting like Holy Diver is not an acclaimed album and like a lesser album that just sneaked onto the list. It's an obvious choice for greatest trad metal album of all time.
Sure, but in no way shape or form can it **** with Powerslave. I honestly can't think of any album that would have had a fair shot against it. What the **** is happening now, considering that the only person to vote for that album before the last couple rounds was William, is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Well it belongs in the 'top 10' list more than Screaming for Vengeance or Blackout not even the best albums by those bands. Also I've no idea why Don't Break the Oath was included, should've been in one of the extreme metal cats or at least in a cat that inspired the extreme metal genre.
Mercyful Fate is not an extreme metal band so why would I put them up against extreme metal bands? Musically they're closer to trad metal than anything else.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote