Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #14935 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Scorcese deserves all credit in my opinion, particularly for The Departed which has remained one of my all time favorites since I saw it in the cinema. Wolf of Wall Street was also great fun! Age hasn't slowed him down yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Dagon (2001)

It's been about 5 or 6 years since I last saw this movie and a recent article on Badassdigest intrigued me enough to rewatch it. It's a pretty bog-standard affair with some well done practical effects, nudity, and one stomach churning scene where Spanish Zadok Allen gets his face sliced off. There's not really any "good" Lovecraft adaptation outside of the 2005 black and white silent version of The Call of Cthulhu but Dagon is certainly one of the better ones.
As a fan of Lovecraft litterature and the cthuhlu mythos in general, anything related to it piques my interest. Of course I've seen this as well as various other Lovecraft movies and I agree this is decent .. It's an entertaining horror B-movie and I like that so much of the inspiration behind it comes from The Shadow Over Innsmouth which is a cool story