Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #3859 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Have you eaten at a non touristy place in China? The part bolded above kills your argument since the #1 thing they do is to add spices and flavors to win over western tastes.

I'd pay $1000 to watch you try to get down a bowl of traditional fish ball soup.

Make it a million.
I'm not arguing that a majority of places do Westernize it, but I would assume there is at least one Chinese restaurant in the entire US that serves "real" Chinese food and doesn't cater to the American palette. Regardless, the point I was trying to make is that you don't need to be in a country to get their food. Maybe in this particular case traditional Chinese food is not available to us but there are tons of classic French, Italian, Spanish, Indian, etc, spots that do not cater to the American palette.

As far as the comment about my eating goes, I'm not picky, I'd try it, might finish it. American food is probably my least favorite so I don't think I'm all that corrupted.

I'm down to try anything but shit/piss, and open minded about fermented food. I haven't tried a lot but here's some of the stuff I enjoy at least a couple times a year that a lot people won't go near: cow tongue, fish eyes, tripe, sea urchin, salmon roe(the big ones), blood sausage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote