Music Banter - View Single Post - If You Want To Know Why The Spill Your Guts Thread Was Closed Read On
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #121 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
Before you joined this place was a mess of 15 year old Green Day fans having dumb arguments with a handful of small genuine music fans. Like I said earlier if it wasn't for people like R-T, Ethan, Big3 and the rest of them insisting this place has some kind of standards to it and introducing things like journals and creative writing and drawing up a proper moderating policy this place probably wouldn't be here now.
And I'm the only one left from that time, And I'm not prepared to see all the hours and hard work they put in go to waste.

If that makes me a bastard so be it.
Good to see their spirit lives on. This place gets a little bit... no... a lot like a damn high school assembly at times. People trying to prove themselves, and using shock value to seemingly make themselves get noticed, and then there's the garden variety well-to-do ****heads that will never be satisfied and complain and whine about every little ****ing detail of their miserable existence, and that can have a negative effect on the more sincere members who are legitimately here for an actual discussion about music. I can see how the struggle to find a middle ground for the majority of those people will always be a factor in keeping this place relevant. All I can say is more power to you for keeping the torch lit.

I really don't see what all the squawk is about over the decision to close out the SYG thread, as it was a breeding ground for a lot of the immature BS that goes on around here. I found myself sucked into it at times, and felt like like an idiot afterwards for having done so. Really, I feel you're doing as well of a job with all this as is humanly possible, and I'd have been done with it a long time ago, if I were in your shoes.

Not trying to be an ass kisser here, just giving you your due.