Music Banter - View Single Post - If You Want To Know Why The Spill Your Guts Thread Was Closed Read On
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #126 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
The moderators here are not the problem with the community. People are acting like children, arguing that they should be allowed to use all sorts of epithets and slurs and then arguing that they shouldn't be criticised for it. There are plenty of people on these forums who seemingly exist to stir the pot and start ****. There are members who repeatedly engage in the same self destructive behaviour, vomit it all over the forum, apologise and then just do it again. Members who repeatedly espouse bigoted, racist, sexist opinions and coast along on a tide of "Well he's personable" as if that makes any difference. Then there's the crowd that coasts along on a flying ****ing carpet of social justice while totally abandoning any pretense to not being an ******* in the process.
If I'm included in this, I'd just like to point out that I try to only go as far as the community is comfortable with. Even assuming I was a rape joke kinda guy, I wouldn't make them cause I know this forum doesn't tolerate that ****. But I'm a great lover of anti-PC humor, and if I feel that racist humor isn't going to rustle the forum's jimmies then I'm perfectly happy to let loose. If anyone was legitimately offended when I used "faggot" ironically in the last week or so I'd back off. All it takes is one person to give me grief and I'm perfectly happy to hold my tongue. I might take joy in good-naturedly annoying people, and if others want to really stir up **** then I may very well find amusement in that too, but I have no desire to personally create a hostile environment -- though if I feel that others are being overly sensitive in a "flying ****ing carpet of social justice" kind of way, then I will disregard their disingenuous outrage with a middle finger and a douchey gif.

But if the mods are specifically talking about some of the **** I've been saying recently as what needs to stop, then by all means, I'll tone it down. I'd just some clear guidelines. Faggot's off limits? Fine. But is it unacceptable to insinuate that Pet_Sounds is gay as a friendly jibe, even if he doesn't take offense? Can I not call Roxy a "flat-chested beaner", even if it makes her laugh? Your (Urban's) "suggestions" are kind of vague. Other people might not have to worry about pushing any envelopes, but it's pretty easy to guess that some of this might be directed at me, at least partially. If so, I need specifics. Seriously.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.