Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #7203 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Resident Evil HD Remaster

This is a remake of a remake, however as the only way to really play the old remake was with a GameCube, I'm okay with this. Gameplay wise not much has changed outside of the addition of a more modern control scheme. The cool thing is that your character will continue to run in the direction you started, even after the fixed camera angle has changed. It might not sound like much but when you're stuck with fixed camera angles, and tight corridors you need all the help you can get. Apparently they also fixed a glitch that allowed you to get infinite grenade rounds, which kind of sucks because I remember playing through the GameCube version with that after I beat the game as Jill and Chris. While the dialogue and delivery is significantly better than the 1996 original version, it's still a little clunky and sometimes delivered awkwardly. I suppose it's a testament to just how much better game writing has gotten over the last decade. Visually the game is also quite a bit of an improvement on the GameCube remake, with much sharper visuals and the removal of a weird blur filter on the gamer (or perhaps that was just the GC's graphical limitations). Regardless, I thought the first remake was quite the looker, but I have to admit that they have really done a good job getting the textures up to snuff for a 1080p screen. All in all it's nice to play an older game that's harder to come by than most, and that's about all there's to say about it.
I've avoided talking about this because I know it will end with me gushing about it and spewing random fanboy thoughts.

I don't know if you have a DS but if you can find a cheap copy of RE: Deadly Silence, it is also worth a playthrough.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote