Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2015 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default Songs Not in English

As with other years, only a handful of entries are not sung in English. I'm always particularly fond of these and I love to support countries that are proud enough to keep the songs in the mother tongue.

Macedonia's entry is catchy, if not a little generic. Oh well! I think it has a good energy and hope to see it at the finals.

Always lovely to hear some of the local language.

People seem to be really happy with Romania's choice this year as well. Although Voltaj's voice is pure and nice in the studio version, we haven't seen him sing live yet. I guess the success of his show will kind of depend on his live quality. I'm excited for it. It's been a while since Romanian sent something in Romanian so I'm very happy for them. The song is pretty cool and also a bit generic but pleasant and soothing enough. I'm told it also carries a message.

Sadly that message will be lost on 99% of the viewers. All of this leads me to believe Romania doesn't really want to win this year. But that's okay.

Serbia gets my vote for best song not in English. So outrageous and colorful, gotta love a fat lady singing surrounded by a some interpretive dance. I think the song is catchy and wonderful, and her voice is clearly viable for a live show. With some updated production quality, this song could go far this year.

Haha, those dancers. EXCELLENT

Last and very least is Portugal's underwhelming song, "Há um mar que nos separa." I love her voice and I think the song has potential, it's definitely better than some of the stuff they have sent in recent years. Still, this is all 90s.

Best of luck to her!

Last edited by misspoptart; 03-13-2015 at 09:53 AM.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote