Music Banter - View Single Post - Metric? The Wrens? The Walkmen? The Unicorns? Xiu Xiu?etc.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 AM   #31 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
^ Was that aimed at me? Well anyway, Xiu Xiu put on a pretty good show, but I definitely see why you wouldn't like them. Metric is quite catchy and cute. The unicorns are also pretty catchy, I like a few of their songs. I'm fairly familiar with the Wrens, but it's just not coming to me right now. Not at all familiar with the Walkmen.

INDIE FORUM, GUESS WHO'S BACK?!?!
no actually, sorry, i was a bit vague, some snotty bitch on a croatian forum was raving about xiu xiu and the unicorns so i checked out xiu xiu, and the guys voice and style of singing pissed me off....metric however are fucking awsome, i heard that the second album totally blows though, i'm still downloading it so i can't comment, apparently they totally changed their sound, and it didn't turn out too well....

( who's back? )

EDIT: i downloaded metric's live it out, and i couldn't agree more with the amazon reviewer, the added guitars ruined everything, instead of catchy electro-pop tunes we got a yeah yeah yeah's clone, and it sucks balls.....the difference between the albums is astonishing, and it's a real shame because i really love the first one....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote