Music Banter - View Single Post - The Great Biweekly Artists of Musicbanter Song Off Act II
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #125 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
You say you don't get his music and then you go on this paragraph long rant about how intensely it made you feel. Like the music totally gave you this creepy dystopian vibe so it totally did effect you and on some level you totally got it.
Spoiler for pic:

My track is still slowly coming together...
What I meant is that I can never enjoy his music or understand it as music. But yeah, I did kind of do a double-take after writing that: it obviously made me feel something. That has to be seen as progress I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
Using Oceans Vibes in a water track? That's just cheating!
Seriously though, excited to hear. The others have been really interesting, both very intense.

Cheers! I was inspired by Vangelis actually, love his music, I used to really dig the stuff in Carl Sagan's Cosmos, as well as his albums with Jon Anderson. Glad you picked up on that!
Oh man! Me too! That's where I heard Vangelis for the first time ("Alpha" and "Heaven and Hell") and I went straight out and bought his greatest hits. Have all his albums now. Love "The City", "Apocalypse des animaux", "1492", "Spiral", "Direct", "Oceanic" and a whole host more.