Music Banter - View Single Post - kayne west sucks thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
Micco
Karaoke Crooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I didn't know he was involved in country. I was just aware of his juggalo affiliation through my old juggalo contacts.

Apparently they've latched onto a lot of washed up acts from back in the day (I think Vanilla Ice might actually be signed to Psychopathic these days, and I know that a few 90s anachronisms like 2 Live Crew end up playing the Gathering, which is like a yearly juggalo Woodstock), artists that serious hip hop fans scoff at (Tech N9ne would probably be signed to Psychopathic if he didn't have Strange Music), and even some talented/quasi-talented groups that probably just play the Gathering for the money (Geto Boys, I'm pretty sure Bone Thugs, I know Gwar has, Cannibal Corpse too, and Ice Cube).

Just looking at the lineup from 2012, and they actually managed to get quite a few artists who would probably never want to associate themselves with juggalos if they didn't need the money: George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Soulfly, Fear Factory, Kool Keith, Master P, The Pharcyde. That's gotta be a shot to the ol' ego to have to slum it with those white trash mother****ers.
Oh trust me if I was close enough I would go to the gathering every year Juggalo or not, the lineups are legendary. In terms of 2 Live Crew no real Hip-Hop head would scoff at them. Their influence in Hip-Hop is endless. I always wish I didn't hate Juggalo culture when they bring out their lineups.