Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Was Your First Concert?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Rush. First time I saw them was when I was in HS. I went with my brother and bunch of guys that were in the drum-line for the HS marching band. They were all dying to see Neil Peart - they air-drum through the whole concert. The second time my brother won two free tickets from a radio to see them. To earn the free tickets you had to do a thirty second drum solo, which he did. He was told he came in second, the top prize was back stage passes. So we missed out meeting them backstage . I was in the section where all the other drummers who won free concert tickets, and you tell they were drummers cause they air-drum through the concert as well.
You should see this:

My first was Bon Jovi/Scorpions in 1983. We stayed in the parking lot until Jon and Co were done. I felt like a salmon in a stream of estrogen on the way in. So many hotties. We had terrible seats at the venue which became known for terrible sound, the Rosemont Horizon (now called the Allstate Arena). I couldn't tell you if they were any good or not since everything was washed out and garbled.